You Haul

Everyone has memories of either driving away or watching someone you care about drive away. We've got this list of people in our hip pocket that we wanted more time with, but it didn't happen.  I'm so grateful for Facebook and other social media that allow new ways for relationships to grow across time zones.  Friend requests going one direction or the other have opened those quiet relationships and allowed them new bloom.  This growth was so good, I wanted to open my life further to certain women in particular, women who let new people in, women who reach out.  The other criteria was that these women like to communicate.  Everyone checked their schedules, and those of us with enough time for a blog ministry got to work.
I love the results.  I wake up looking forward to the wisdom of the day at Shepherd's fish.  I am constantly encouraged, challenged, and pushed to go one step further.  Selfishly, I wanted more of my friends, but I think in the end I am far from the only beneficiary of their warmth and wisdom.  Listening to the Holy Spirit has been a strong theme running through our blog, I felt from the beginning that this was a project worthy of God's blessing and it is.  We are eight very different women, but we have only the Shepherd's tale to tell.
Thank you, thank you, readers.  There is nothing more encouraging than having an audience.  Your comments, the times you share our posts with your friends, just dropping by to read the latest lifts us up.  Your journey with us may be relatively silent, but it is no less valuable for that.  Swimming is easier than jogging and better on the joins.  Let's keep moving forward together, in the Shepherd's school.

0 comments:

Post a Comment