A Wonderous Gift, Given by Her Father

    On Christmas morning, I came into the living-room of our friends, that we were staying with over Christmas vacation. Sarah was sitting there with her friend Jarrett. She saw me and excitedly said, MOM! I got a Christmas gift from God last night! I was like, ha? She said, "I got to see my twin brother in heaven last night". I was not entirely awake, but that woke me up instantly. Sarah was a twin, but her twin didn't make it. This, as I have been told by the medical community, is not an unusual thing. Many women begin their pregnancy having twins, but for one reason or another, one doesn't make it and is absorbed into the remaining child.
    Sarah had been very sad a few months ago about missing her twin, and desired to do something to ease this pain. She said to Paul, my brother doesn't have a name. Let's give him a name. So, Paul and Sarah named him Samuel. I was like, o.k., it fits.
    As Sarah was beaming with this great gift, that money could not buy and only God could give, she said; "I saw my other two sisters too". I had two tubal pregnancies between my son Luke, whom I gave to be adopted, and Sarah. She got to talk to them and described them. It was like reading the book "Heaven Is For Real". The bible speaks of visiting heaven in the apostle Paul's writings. I personally know two other people who have been gifted with visiting heaven. I am not going to dismiss this, or say they are all nuts. I want to be signed up for that program myself, thank you! However, there are those that would think Sarah crazy. Therefore, we told Sarah not to go around telling everyone about it, because it may freak out others.
    This in mind. Sarah was asked by her aunt Lynn, what her favorite gift was. As she began to tell of her gift from God, I did a mental, palm of my hand to my head slap! Sarah told of when she got her second favorite gift, her laptop, she felt Samuel hug her and how wonderful that was. I asked Sarah, why she had told her aunt Lynn about seeing her twin. She said, "you always said that honesty is the best policy". I did another mental head slap. Yep, that's right. It's always best to tell the truth.
    I do not even pretend to know everything. This I know, there are mysterious things that happen in this life. Even if I don't understand or experience them myself. I know that God may do anything He chooses to do. Therefore, knowing my very honest child, I believe her and I am thankful for this wondrous Christmas gift Sarah was given by her Father.
    Ask and you shall receive, that your joy may be full.

0 comments:

Post a Comment