Be Still...

Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!  Psalm 46:10

...Stand still, and see the salvation of the Lord...
Exodus 14:13

Last week in our church service we were asked to share about our word for the past year; what we had learned, how we had grown, any insight or experiences that had to do with that word.  My word was from Psalm 46:10 - "Be still (and know that I am God)..."  Quiet is not usually something that I excel in, however, I have been and am continuing to learn to quiet myself in the presence of the Lord, to listen for His voice, and to spend time with Him, whether I am sitting at home (which is rare) or traveling to work, or whatever I am doing.

What I also shared was that how, although I feel that this year has been wonderful for me, as far as my personal life, my marriage, and my relationships with others, I have watched various ones who are very dear to my heart walk through fire and hell, and have very frequently felt at a loss for what to say or do to help them.  It is in this that I have been learning, along with the "be still", that there is also an element of "stand still" so that I can see the salvation of my God.  In most of the situations of my dear ones, there is nothing that I could humanly do to "fix" whatever situation they are going through, but what I can do is to still my soul, lift them up in prayer, and encourage them.  Which brings me to my word for this year... 

0 comments:

Post a Comment