Say what???

  A little over a year ago, I was contacted by a former classmate (Christine) and asked if I would consider writing for this blog. I wasn't quite sure what to do. My world had just exploded and I was still reeling from the chaos of it all. In a three month time span I had lost 4 children in a series of unimaginable events. A planned move, a runaway, a failed adoption, and a group home placement. Five of us were left behind to try to regain a sense of normalcy.
  I wrote to Christine in an email that I felt so helpless and uncertain in the midst of my own circumstances that I wasn't sure what I could possibly have to say that would be an encouragement to anyone. However, I chose to write, hoping that it would force me to look beyond the crisis and really see that God is still good and that He loves us regardless of the struggles we face.
  Throughout this journey, I have had numerous people respond to posts and share glimpses of their own heartaches and trials. I have been so encouraged by the other women who have also been writing and sharing their stories. Besides Christine, I personally know her sister, Karen from school. Their dad was my 2nd-4th grade teacher, and their mom was my 9th grade English teacher. We have not seen each other for at least 10 years.  My sister, Terri, is also a contributor and has been a constant in my lifetime. The other 4 contributors are ladies who I have never met, but I now count them as friends. We have had lots of "behind the blog" conversations where we have been able to hear each others hearts and become a source of prayer and comfort for each other.
  It was a huge step for me to write in the midst of real life. In attempting to be an encouragement to other, I have been encouraged myself.....beyond words!

0 comments:

Post a Comment