New Years Resolution, Ha!


 

     I simply do not do, New Years resolutions, period. When I try to change everything all at once, it doesn't work. When I was getting into a healthier lifestyle. I tried to prepare all my own, from raw ingredients, food, instead of using any boxes, mixes or frozen foods. I ground my own wheat with a hand crank mill even, no joke. I became overwhelmed and gave up. After I recovered, and decided it was worth the effort. I made changes a little at a time, through the years. So, no Crisco in pie crust or biscuits. I found butter or coconut oil were excellent substitutes. Then later, I found High Fructose Corn Syrup to be a main cause of diabetes, something that runs in my family. I slowly removed those items and replaced them with healthier ones, instead of throwing out everything and buying all new items.
     In another area of life, I found that being late made my husband really mad. So, I started getting ready earlier and planning ahead. I hate to pack clothes for trips and waited till the last minute to do it. This also made us late. Then I had to listen to my husband fuss, most of the way to our destination. This made the destination undesirable, and those we were visiting uncomfortable. So, I began packing a week before a trip. Now, trips are more fun, and we are relaxed upon arrival. I am not completely consistent with that yet, but I'm better then I use to be.
     I'm not saying this works for everyone, but before you throw a bunch of new things onto your list of items to accomplish this new year. Perhaps focusing on just one small thing at a time throughout the year, getting that down pat, then moving on to another, may cause less stress. Even though, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me", it doesn't mean I should. Have a blessed New Year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment