Oh the Weather.........

   So most of us are stuck in this unholy storm.  My thermometer read -10 yesterday at this time and today it reads -11.  Yes folks, that is actual temp and not the wind chill.  Meteorologists tell me that the wind chill is at around -40.  I live in Lafayette, Indiana and this rarely happens to us.  On top of this bone crushing and soul sapping temps, as you have all heard, we have had around 8-9 inches of snow.  That is really hard to measure right now because winds were at gale force at one point.  Drifts are as high as houses and dirt can be seen in the corners of empty corn fields. 
    It is officially illegal STILL to drive in Indiana.  If you are driving in Indiana you better have a really good emergency related reason.  Therefore, my kids are off of school still, my husband is deemed not an emergency doctor and not required to report; and my house is still celebrating.
    I worry greatly about those people stranded on I-65.  I'm concerned that the homeless shelters don't run out of food and space to keep people off of the streets.  I pray that the heat stays on in homes and that we all stay safe.  That is my prayer.  However I am stranded here in my house.  There are no emergencies I can meet and we are all together.
    I am loving every single minute of it.  We are playing board games, making crafts, making cookies, making memories of the great storm of 2014.  As far as I personally am concerned, this is the best start to the year EVER.  We had a tough 2013 in many ways I am still tender.  But this week, these days off, are truly God's blessing and gift to me.  We are using them wisely.  God is healing our family of its hurts.  I am profoundly grateful.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!


0 comments:

Post a Comment