So, what we have learned applies to our lives today....

 


     Gotcha!  You'll be singing that all day!  It is indeed our anniversary of blogging.  I, historically speaking, have not really been that keen on the idea of blogging.  I just really didn't read blogs, keep up with family blogs, and absolutely did not keep a blog.  Writing is not my medium.  I'm prone to hyperbole and metaphor and my grammar is atrocious.  Thank you for putting up with that.  I'm working hard on it.  When asked to submit an article of my work, I showed a picture of a crocheted blanket I was working on.  So, here I am still pecking bewilderingly at my keyboard.
     I was asked to think of what has been gained by this experience.  Well, I've been overheard saying, "Ooooooooo, good I can blog about that!  Thanks!"  Which means I've become more observant of those little moments that go by that are thoroughly fraught with meaning.  I was afraid I would not have much inspiration and God has made me stop and look around.  Most importantly I found family.
     Two blood relatives started with me on this journey.  Christine Ansorge is both my sister and my sister in law.  We married brothers and bear the same last name.  I am most profoundly grateful for the improved communication we have had over the letters on the screen.  Thank you for inspiring me to write.  Sonya Smerdell is my mother's cousin's daughter.  Karen Crogan is her mother and I am named for her.  I have always been in awe of my beautiful and colorful cousin. When I was young she embodied all things cool and hip.  She is completely stunning and always has been.  But we lost each other in living life and I'm so happy to have her back!  Her insights bring new thoughts.
     The rest of the ladies in this group were memories of my past.  I was a very small child when I knew the Kincaid sisters (Terrie Thomas and Jeanne Miller)  They were High Schoolers.  Very very impressive people.  My mother taught them as students and that is why I knew them at all.  They were both patient, kind and loving then, and they have only grown more so now.  I cherish getting to know them again.  It is wonderful to pick up with women that aren't really that much older than me and get to know them as peers.
     Ruth Kennedy and Heather Bowman were from the next school the next stage of my development.  Ruth was known solely as Wendy's oldest sister.  Wendy is my very closest friend.  The go back to sixth grade, tell each other everything, do each other's hair kind of friend.  I'm sure Ruth saw me as a wild child and bit of a nuisance.  I am so glad to get to know her and pray for the struggles in her life.  I feel like I now have two friends from that family and feel really blessed for it.  Heather was simply, always, amazing.  Chic, pretty, smart, funny, and kind enough to talk to the wild child in her study hall.  She has not changed a whit.  Her poems move me to tears some days.
     Nicole Hill was the only unknown to me and I have grown to love her.  She is practical, funny, honest, and filled with wonderful insights.  I really want to sit down with her and have a coffee.  She seems like the super fun type that would totally dig that and then a pedicure.
    So quite simply, what I've been trying to awkwardly as usual say is, that in doing something I'm not that comfortable with or good at, I've been extended.  But MOST importantly, I've gained a new family.  People that had drifted into the realm of memory have come roaring back to life and they mean the world to me. I look forward to seeing what they post because it will teach me and most certainly apply to my life today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment