This is my story..This is my song..Praising my Saviour all the day long!

We all have our story and it is part of the Bigger story..HIS story.Recently I attended a funeral of the husband of one of the back-up singers for the band Longing for Eden. Longing for Eden was doing the music for the funeral.As I listened to the lead female vocalist comment on the song they were about to sing "It is well" relating snippets of things that they had been through this year and yet their stance is "Through it all-Our eyes are on you.. It is well ...with my soul.


My mind began to think of the songs this band had written on their CD "Heaven's Inside Me" and on things I knew to be true about the members. Jeanne, lead female vocalist, had a major health crisis and almost died in the last year, their house burnt almost to the ground, completely gutted and the family is still displaced. And yet the lilt of her voice carried us all to the realization that "HE" makes the difference in every circumstance and we can sing..It is Well--Oh what a Blessed Assurance!!


Gene, her husband, the bass guitarist, suffered his own physical trauma with Dr's stating he would never be able to use his arm again, but he sure can play a mean base. He wrote a song on their CD born from his pain of another set of circumstance's that deeply affected their family, quite simply stating that "Even in This" however hideous that turn of events, we will trust you and draw on your strength.


Eric,male vocalist, sings his story in Long Lost Years and how it affected him and his family and yet today his family is intact and God is opening doors for him. The band leader and guitarist Phil expressing his journey through doubts and fears of finding and laying hold of God's grace in "Heaven's Inside Me." Last fall he lost his father and I know that there are many times he plays and sings while enduring great physical pain.


The drummer and back up singer Kevin and Lydia have opened their hearts, family and home by adopting two siblings and all the rigors and changes and that go with that decision. And I could go on and on....But I'm brought back to the moment.


A now they stand there singing with their hearts broken for their band-mate and dear friend. And what are they singing?


Verse 1
Grander earth has quaked before
Moved by the sound of His voice
Seas that are shaken and stirred
Can be calmed and broken for my regard
Chorus
Through it all, through it all
My eyes are on You
Through it all, through it all
It is well
Through it all, through it all
My eyes are on You
It is well with me
Verse 2
Far be it from me to not believe
Even when my eyes can't see
And this mountain that's in front of me
Will be thrown into the midst of the sea
Chorus
Through it all, through it all
My eyes are on You
Through it all, through it all
It is well

So let go my soul and trust in Him
The waves and wind still know His name
It is well with my soul
It is well with my soul
It is well with my soul
It is well with my soul
It is well it is well with my soul

Chorus
Through it all, through it all
My eyes are on You Lord
Through it all, through it all
It is well with me.

 
God is our refuge.and. strength.  an ever. present. help. in. the. time. of trouble!
 






































































































































































































































































































































Read more: Bethel Music - It Is Well Lyrics | MetroLyrics

0 comments:

Post a Comment