Fallen.

     Fallen was alone. She was in the Pit of Despair. In the Pit of Despair, there is only blackness, there is only alone, and there is absolutely no light. But Fallen was deceived. God sent to her Helper. Helper had once been Fallen.  Helper had spent deep lonely time in the Pit of Despair. Helper knew the way by heart and went in to find dear Fallen.
     Helper found her friend and said, "Hey, I've been here, it's not any fun, stand up please." Fallen curled up tighter and said, "I can't. I'm all alone here. There is no light." Helper knew to her core that very awful feeling. She knew just what to say, "You are not alone. Look!" Helper pulled out a small lighter and flicked it on. There were MILLIONS of people in the Pit of Despair. Fallen looked around with wonder in her eyes. "I thought no one else was here!"
     Fallen looked around, she stood to see the many of other Fallen around her. Enemy was near. "Come, that is what Enemy wants you to think. Please look over there." Fallen shielded her eyes against a small pin prick of light in the distance. "What is that?" She asked. Helper said, "It is the Light of Hope you get from knowing the truth. You stood up, you saw that you are not here alone, you can now see the light."
     "But Helper, it is so far away, how do I get there?" Oh, Helper knew the way, it wasn't easy this part, she took Fallen's hand.  "Fallen we must walk through the Land of What If's and face them all." Fallen shrunk back in fear. "I can't. I cannot! That is what landed me here!" Helper hugged her dear friend Fallen. "You beat them with the So Then's." Fallen didn't know that place.  Helper smiled, "It is a game I play. It goes like this. First Enemy attacks with, 'What if  your husband died tonight where will you be?' " Fallen shrank. "I hate that one." Helper grimaced, "Yes, me too. I say, 'So then, I'll have my parents here to help me.' "  Fallen looked confused. Helper kept going. "Then Enemy says, 'What if you have no money?' I say, 'So then I'll get a job.' You must keep going with the So Then's until you reach, 'So then, GOD WILL HOLD ME IN HIS HAND.' That is always the winning card of that game. Enemy NEVER has an answer for that one. You have to say that So Then a lot, it's the winner."  Fallen looked up and said, "So then, GOD WILL HOLD ME IN HIS HAND! OH! Helper, that felt good.  And it felt scary." Helper said, "I know, but look!"  Fallen lifted her eyes and the pin prick of light was as big as a grapefruit now.
     Helper saw her friend move forward slightly. "Fallen, now you get a new name, but you must want it." Fallen looked very afraid and very unsure. "What will my new name be?" Helper said, "In order to get more light you have to become, Fighter."  Fallen looked terrified. "I can't fight alone. I do not know how and that is how I ended up back in the Pit of Despair!"  Helper held her friend again and said, "I am here now, I've called in reinforcements, and you have a sword. You're just not using it at the moment."  Fighter looked confused, "Sword.  sword. OH! That sword...Where did it go?" Frantically Fighter rummaged around her cloak until she came up with it. "HERE! HERE IT IS! I remember it! I remember its help!"  Helper looked at her friend and told her how to fight. "Learn it well. Practice with it every single day. Don't lose it again." Fighter looked at the light she had a basketball sized exit coming at her. Helper said, "I've called in Family. They will help you. But now, can you see the way out?"  Fighter stood and looked back at the soft darkness and back up at the blazing light. She felt the tug of both. She looked at the light and turned in that direction.
    Fighter and Helper had many more journeys to go, but by and by Fighter came out into the light completely and asked how on Earth to stay out of that again. Helper smiled, "When you feel ready, God will give you a new name. It will be Helper. You will tell your story. You may feel ashamed to say it all, but then you will be mostly free. Shame is Enemy's weapon. I gave my shame up a LONG long time ago."

And now, blog follower, I have told you my story. I have told you the truth of my journey. If you are in the Pit of Despair, please know this moment. YOU are NOT alone. At one point or another we have all been there. Reach out to a friend, doctor, counselor, parent, or trusted pastor. Google Depression and look up symptoms. There is always a way out and you are not alone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment