Routine.

     Busted.  Yes it is really true that I absolutely enjoyed the time with my children in snowmageddon 2014.  But oh, my life has settled back to its regularly scheduled programming.  I can not help but be profoundly happy.  There is something so completely soothing about knowing what comes next.  There are few surprises and the rhythms of my mind function more smoothly.  There is strength and weakness there.
    This breaking of the pattern that happened in my life recently in the storm was a fun reminder that the God we serve is full of surprises, big, unpredictable, and as C.S. Lewis so aptly said, "Not a tame lion completely wild."  Far too often in life, the reminders of this come at times of illness, struggles, and trials.  But a foot of snow, is all just a bunch of fun.
    I must learn to praise God when His surprises are a bunch of fun and the provision of needs is there.  I must learn to praise God when the precious routine of life that bolsters me up is there and I grow slightly stuck in it.  I must learn to praise God when His lessons in life are painful and learned through difficulty.  For in all things I have learned that God is good and His love endures truly through all of the experiences we have in life.  His love endures forever.
    Are you having fun this week, settled back into life, or struggling with a massive hurt?  Look to God.  Find comfort in His continued love and know there is peace waiting for us!

0 comments:

Post a Comment