Talk


Image from: http://www.momlogic.com/late_bloomerb270x270-thumb-270x270.jpg

    Talk
You shake your head and make
Judgmental declarations
I have been the same person as before,
Helping as I can, as God leads and enables
My greatest crime was marriage
To someone wonderful
Who struggles now, and
Hopefully not long
But money brings out
The Holier-Than-Thou in so many
Discouragement has hit me
From behind, Tangled in your Talk
I couldn’t see your words coming
You have smiled to my face
And now I am betrayed
How can I trust your good words
If they twist to arrogance behind my back?
I don’t need to explain my existence to you
But I will take my troubles to my Unchanging Fortress
It’s just too bad that you insist on being part of the problem
When I wanted only Friendship
Problem-Solver of the Impossible,
Save me from damaging words,
So that I may praise You in the Silence

0 comments:

Post a Comment