A Father's Love


This week as we celebrated my father's 73rd birthday, I couldn't help thanking God for blessing me with such a loving earthly father.  Looking back on my childhood, it struck me that I grew up never, ever doubting that I was deeply loved by my father.  I just walked confidently in the knowledge that he loved and accepted me, that he was proud of me, and that he would protect me, guide me, and give me whatever was in his power to provide.  Because of this, my relationship with God as my Father has mostly been walked out in a similar manner.  I just know that He loves me, and I live my life with that confidence. 

My husband has three grown children, and one of the things that initially attracted me to him was his heart for his children.  I have watched his face as he has told me about each of them and how much he loves and misses seeing them frequently, and I know without question that this man loves his children, and would walk through fire for them if necessary.

I think of all the young people, especially the girls who have crossed my path and are in my life now, who have never known this kind of love.  Some of them do not even know who their father is, or may have only met him once or twice in their lives.  I am watching most of these girls run here and there, desperately seeking love, yet not knowing what love truly is.  Without realizing it, they are looking for the love of the father that they never had, and are only finding heartache.  My heart weeps for these "little girls lost", and I just love on them and pray for them daily that they would have an encounter with God as their "ABBA" (DADDY) and that their hearts and emotions would be healed so that they can walk in the confidence that they are highly favored and deeply loved, and that the relationships and eventual marriages that they enter into can be healthy, loving relationships that they can in turn model for their children.

0 comments:

Post a Comment