Goodbye Theresa.

     This summer my husband and I agreed that Comcast does not have my family's interests at heart at all.  They don't care about my children or my marriage, so, out the door they go. .....   no more Bravo, Project Runway, Longmire, PARENTHOOD!!, and DIY.  ........   I was surprisingly bereft.

     I thought, "It is just TV, why the pain?"  Well, I'm not going to go through every show, but one that I missed the most was "Real Housewives of New Jersey."  Judge me all you want, I loved the show.  Unlike other "Housewives" shows, the New Jersey mamas all seem really fascinating.  They, sadly enough, were people like the ones I knew.  My parents briefly lived in New Jersey and were shocked to find that many, not all, Jersey folk, REALLY ACT THAT WAY.

     I started to care whether siblings Joe and Theresa could ever work it out again.  I prayed for them.  I still do when I think of it.  I had the illusion of being a part of something I knew nothing about.  I don't know if it was fake or if they all love each other in real life.  I know nothing about them.  But I CARED.  I debated if Melissa was manipulative or sincere.  Can't tell from watching the show.

     I was describing my angst to my friend who had also given up TV for the sake of family budget and sanity.  She looked at me and said, "Karen, you just have to stop caring about the shows.  You don't know the outcomes of your favorite evening soaps or who won the reality contest. IT'S OK."

     So, goodbye Theresa.  If you are in as much hot water as the tabloids say you are and if your family is in that much angst, I pray for you.  I pray for the best, but this is the end.  I don't NEED to know what happens anymore.

0 comments:

Post a Comment