Small Miracles

  Payday. That moment when all of our hours of hard work shows up in our bank accounts. Some paydays are better than others. Some leave you with enough for the extras while some just barely cover the bills.
  Today is my payday. No room for the extras this time. But I keep reminding myself of things that have been happening over the past several months....
   There have been days when I would look in my pantry and then in my bank account only to find that one was just as empty as the other. I was at the end of my natural resources. There was nothing more I could do except pray. Time and time again we have stood shaking our heads in amazement at the provision of our Heavenly Father.
   We have had money handed to us, 100lbs of potatoes show up in our carport, people have dropped off meals, home canned goods, and fresh produce. I stopped to buy a bag of apples and was handed a free bag of groceries at the checkout. A former foster child gave us her unused WIC vouchers for milk, eggs, and cheese along with a surplus of her food benefits.
  We have seen decreases in utility bills, found Kohl's cash that covered new jeans, had Staples reward points mailed to us that covered an office expense, and even had debt cancelled.
   Some people might look at these happenings as coincidence, but I see them for what they truly are.... Miracles!
 
  Matthew 6:8 ...."your Father knows what you need even before you ask."

0 comments:

Post a Comment