Spring Cleaning




About four times a year I go through the house and do a little “Spring cleaning”.  You know…..resetting our systems and making sure those systems still work for us.  De-cluttering and wondering how on earth the house became so full once again of things we never intended to keep.  And the icing on the cake, a good deep clean with some lovely scented cleaner.  I usually use a homemade lilac scented multi-purpose, but this year I opted for a wonderful honeysuckle scent. I never knew I even liked the smell of honeysuckles, but it is lovely.
Our purpose as a family to do all of this is to enable us to be more efficient, and orderly.  To help us keep our focus and peace within our home.  We want to be free to do as God has called us to, without the frustrations of clutter and “things” in our way.  They may be things that distract us, things that pile on top of stuff we actually need to be productive, or just things that do not bring joy or practicality. 
I also take this time to do a little “Spring cleaning” of the soul.  Is there clutter in my heart that is making me less productive? Are there things in my mind that I never indented to keep a hold of?  Does my heart need a good deep cleaning?
The goal is to serve the Lord and to bring Him glory, is there anything that is distracting me from fulfilling that purpose? 

Psalm 139:23-24
Search me, O God, and know my heart!
    Try me and know my thoughts!
 And see if there be any grievous way in me,

    and lead me in the way everlasting!





3 comments:

#ChurchCrimes

April 2, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Permalink this comment

1

said... This comment has been removed by the author.

#ChurchCrimes

April 2, 2013 at 11:06 AM
Permalink this comment

1

said...

I love this!! I need it right now!

Unknown

April 2, 2013 at 5:14 PM
Permalink this comment

1

said...

Good word! I forwarded the email version to my husband and asked when we could start! (Not just the house, either!) :)

Post a Comment