He's Got My Back!



My husband and I are on a much-needed vacation at the beach with our pastors, their family and many of our church family; about 25 adults, teens and children, and 4 dogs.  (Just a tiny bit of pandelirium here...haha!)  It has only been in the past few years that I have spent time at the ocean since my childhood, and I am finally beginning to feel confident enough to go out beyond waist-deep and to dive into the waves before they pummel me into the sandy bottom.  

Today the waves were fairly docile, and my hubby commented that God had given us an "adult swim day" in which the kids would have been bored to tears with the lack of crazy pounding waves.  Yesterday, however, the wind was blowing and the waves were knocking me all over the place.  Just about the time things seemed to calm down, Philip would call out to me, "Watch out behind you!"  Usually the warning came in time to spare me an extra dunking, but if it didn't, he always checked to be sure that I was okay.  I kept thanking him for watching out for me.  Today when he was watching my back, I thought of the Scripture about the Lord hemming me in behind and before, and I had the sense that He was reminding me that as much as my husband loved me and wanted to protect me, that it was nothing compared to the Lord's love and protection over me.  I am so grateful that, first of all, God is watching over me, and second, that he has blessed me with a loving husband to watch out for me as well, not only physically, but emotionally and spiritually.  I am a blessed woman!! 

Psalm 139:5 (NIV)
You hem me in behind and before,
and You lay Your hand upon me.

Psalm 121:7-8 (NIV)
The Lord will keep you from all harm--
He will watch over your life;
the Lord will watch over your coming and going
both now and forevermore.

1 comments:

Christine Ansorge

August 5, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Permalink this comment

1

said...

I love the way your life draws you to Jesus, and you in-turn draw us.

Post a Comment