His timeless word

While chatting with friends, I find that the topics of wife, mother, and homemaker often surface. I very much enjoy these topics, as well as these titles I hold in my own life. I also enjoy what the Bible has to say about these rolls in our lives, which is why I am disheartened when so many women buy into the lies of this world. The ones that tell us that what the Bible says is no longer relevent to us now. Genisis says: But for Adam [h] no suitable helper was found. 21 So the LORD God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man's ribs [i] and closed up the place with flesh. 22 Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib [j] he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. 23 The man said, "This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called 'woman, [k] ' for she was taken out of man." Another version is this: God said, "It's not good for the Man to be alone; I'll make him a helper, a companion."...... I do firmly believe that my Husband has a very specific calling and that my calling is to be his "helpmate" . I am often greeted with defensive friends who think differently, however they very strongly believe the Bible IS relevent to their husbands in Ephesians when it says: 25Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26to make her holy, cleansing[b] her by the washing with water through the word, 27and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church— 30for we are members of his body. 31"For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh."[c] 32This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church. 33However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband. How is this so? We are not able to take pieces of the bible and stand firm on them as "Whole Truths" and at the same time look at other passages and say they are simply not relevent to us today. Satan feeds us lies....and it is easy to listen to when everything and everyone around us seem to go against what the Bible says. I was made to be that loving encouragement for my husband, to help his be the very best at what God has called him to. Now, take those negative "cave-man" thoughts out of your head for just a second! The ones that say "well are you just going to sit around and be at your husbands beck and call?" or "so you don't get to do anything you want to do with your life". It is quite the opposite, I have the honor and joy of walking through life with my very best friend, working together with him to accomplish God's purpose. Our lives compliment each other in such a unique and beautiful way. Another passage that has been on my heart lately is in Titus: 4Then they (older women) can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, 5to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God. another version is: Guide older women into lives of reverence so they end up as neither gossips nor drunks, but models of goodness. By looking at them, the younger women will know how to love their husbands and children, be virtuous and pure, keep a good house, be good wives. We don't want anyone looking down on God's Message because of their behavior. Notice this passage talks about being " busy at home". This is yet another passage that I receive so much flack on! I love being busy at home. Working to create that atmosphere that we as a family crave. There is so much work to be done in the home, trust me when I haven't been busy at home..it shows. My systems are all out-of-order, the house is messy, the clothes are not cleaned, and food is not prepped...etc. There is however a greater worry here. If you are not busy at home, are you busy away from home? Carting kids form one play-date to the next, exhausting everyone along the way? Or if you are still home but not busy, then are you idle? Proverbs 31:27 says, "27 She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness." Sitting idle allows us the chance to do so many harmful things through, well boredom, not to mention the gossip that often ensues on these adventures. So whatever the "busy" is for you, enjoy the blessing of that in your home. When talking with a dear friend of mine recently on this very topic her words were" I am more and more convinced that Satan wins a victory every time He convinces one of us to believe the lies of the world. We are surrounded by people with the view that our worth comes from what we do, not who we are and most definitely not who we are in Christ. I often get the eye roll, either openly or internally, from people when I share my conviction that my husband was made for what he is doing and I was made for him. How archaic, right? But no! God's design for us and for our families has not changed and I am convinced that we become ineffective (and Satan wins!) when we lose sight of that to which God has called us and for which He has made us!!! Some say it is easy for me to say because I have a good husband, a good marriage, etc. No! I say we are blessed because of our obedience. I say we fight, as you said, for marriage and family (where Satan targets most often), and we trust that God knows better than the world and Satan, the prince of this world and the father of lies, what is best for us. God's word is for us today . It is! It is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness." I had to quote her because I cannot agree with her more..nor could I word it better.I often receive that very same reaction, "It is easy for you to do because you have a great husband and a great marriage" I cannot agree with my friend enough, we are blessed by our willingness to obey God in his calling to us. I am not willing to conform to this world and it's expectations of me, I will strive to conform to Christ and His expectations. So, what if the world is wrong and the Bible is right.....now there's a thought.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment