Cuckoo Drama.

Right before my fabulous vacation, (I told you last week about it) a series of horrible events went down. They were unfortunate and unstoppable. I'll ask right now for privacy for what happened exactly. Don't ask me. But it was worked out so that only two men in my church knew about this horrible series of events happening to us.

After all of it went down, these two men in my church DID NOTHING AT ALL TO HELP US IN THE LEAST. They bear the title "Pastor" and "Assistant Pastor."
 
I WAS A FURIOUS SCREAMING MESS.

I'm no pew surfer. I am up doing the service aspects of church like nobody's business. I did the food for our church's first funeral, and I work in the nursery. YOU"D THINK!!!! When the poop hit the fan, THEY"D BE THERE FOR US LIKE I WAS FOR THEM CONSTANTLY.

Well, they would have been, but God stopped them from coming. They just didn't see it. They weren't being allowed to see it.

I railed, screamed, nasty emailed, and called.
 
Finally one of them quietly asked, "Why are you acting like this?" I prayed for the answer, I didn't really know.

God said, "you have been so ill used by the past pastors in your life, you have made looking for a good man in the ministry your idol and all consuming passion."

Do I win for "WORST IDOL EVER EVER???"

God called to me in Hosea 2:14-17 when I finally stopped screaming. I sat in my wilderness and sobbed as the Sovereign God told me that he personally wanted to rescue me. He personally wanted to Woo me. He personally wanted to be my God and have me love only him. If my pastors had come on white horses, my idol would have grown HUGE in my eyes and would never have been smashed down.

Having said all that, my pastors are really really good men. I've been screaming like an ever loving banshee, and they have just let me and listened.

But now, they are not my idol anymore.

NOW I have my God in His proper place again. I'm going to be fine.

And the original nasty thing is all cleared up and taken care of. It is over and it all happened so that God could smash my idols of clay.

0 comments:

Post a Comment