Timing.

God's timing is absolutely perfect.  I needed a two week trip to Charleston so much that God just gave me one--PRECISELY when I needed it.

Sure, it seems like the events went down like this,

1: In January I sat down with Pete, my husband with unfortunate last name, and decided the time for our vacation.  He chose a week where he thought everyone would be able to come.  YAY!

2:  Pete is a medical doctor and to keep his credentials he must take Continuing Medical Education (CME) classes.  Every year we get flyers for exotic locations where companies that do these courses want to entice us to come.  Pete and I get an accommodations paid trip to somewhere nice.  The only trade off is that Pete has to attend classes for half of the day.  He said to me in February, or maybe March, "It'd be nice if there was one near Charleston next to the week we've already booked.  Gee, I'd like that."

3: I looked at one of our flyers and said, "Look! Right here there is one on Kiawah Island right next to our vacation!!"  Pete booked it with the CME company and his hospital.  YAY!!  A luxurious two weeks in my happiest of places.  ooooooooooooooooo.

4:  Some crazy, cuckoo drama took place right before we were scheduled to leave.  It involved some serious unpleasantness.  I was a wreck.  (More on that next week)

5:  Now I got to heal in the perfect time in the place that has always brought me peace.  I'm pretty convinced that the ocean and sand can fix almost anything.

GOD PLANNED IT ALL FOR MY BENEFIT.  The vacation, the CME, the drama,  all of it for His glory and my good.

I love my Jesus, my God.

0 comments:

Post a Comment