Path of Life

When I was a senior in college, it seemed everyone was selecting a life verse. Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you..." was the most popular. My favorite chapter when I was in college was Psalm 16, and I selected Psalm 16:11 as my life verse, which also seemed to be very appropriate at a time when I was making many major decisions. "You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand." College students are not the only ones facing major decisions. I graduated from college 21 years ago, and there have been few years over that time span when I haven't faced a major decision of some sort - what job to take, what state to live in, which church to join, whether to pursue a graduate degree, whom to marry, what house to buy, whether to pursue adoption or IVF, how many children should we have, etc. Sometimes I have had to wait months or years for the Lord to show the path my life would take.

My husband has been searching for a job that would make use of a degree he recently earned. After submitting 88 applications over the past nine months and interviewing with twelve schools, he received two job offers last week. We had placed our house on the market two months ago, but the Lord prevented us from selling it because He knew that we would not need to move. My husband accepted a nine month contract at a university only 35 minutes from our house. I am so grateful that our loving Father is sovereign and that we now know where we will be living for at least the next ten months. Many people believe that life is random and perceive that to follow the Lord would result in a boring, dreary life. The truth is that God is in control, and when we follow Him our lives are filled with joy. Thank you, Lord!

0 comments:

Post a Comment