Don't Panic!

"Don't panic" ought to be written in large friendly letters on our hearts.  After all, God is on our side, so who can defeat us?  No one.  Nothing.  Not even sin.  Catching myself sinning used to frighten me.  I'd run through being shocked, angry, humiliated, and exhausted.  I'd pull out all my coping mechanisms, but really those emotions were simply another face for fear.  Fear that I wasn't the person I want to be.  Fear that my greatest efforts fell short.  Fear that I wouldn't be loved.

My heart has begun to change as I've started to focus on confession.  I've always confessed my sins, but there was this idea of a lingering root sin that I'd never conquer.  I could confess until I was blue in the face, but I'd still be wicked in my heart.  Learning to embrace right now has taught me not to panic about sin.  If I find myself in the middle of wickedness, I pray, right now, confessing my weakness and my stubbornness.  I may not get where I want to be, but I'm usually a lot closer than I was.
Nothing can separate you from the love of God.  Don't let fear or embarrassment rob you of the close walk with God we all desire.  Don't panic.  Confess.

0 comments:

Post a Comment