Touchy Subjects

    Last week I began a series of blogs about touchy subjects. I spoke of alcohol. For sake of time, I didn't mention this; I was strongly against alcohol earlier in my life. Later, I was a borderline alcoholic. So I know from personal experience both sides of this subject. I have also researched it. God, research, & implementing rules, helped me to deal properly with alcohol.
    I must stop here and say, I do not in any way think I am a guru of any subject I blog about. Nor will I attempt to blog about a subject I have no personal knowledge of. So, with that in mind, if you do not entirely agree with anything I have to say in a blog: please take it in stride, if time allows please research things I give you information about, and above all please seek God. If you still think I am completely off the mark, please pray and ask God to show one or each of us what is incorrect. No one benefits by becoming upset.
    A dear friend gave me feed back about last weeks blog. Particularly the comparison I made between diet beverages and alcohol. I've researched, listened to doctors, a bio chemist and preachers about the substance aspartame, in diet beverages. I have personally dealt with it's affects. If one were to research aspartame in an unbiased manor, they would find that it has detrimental effects on the body, which was my point. Example; aspartame turns into wood alcohol when heated. So yes, it has similar effects to alcohol at times. As all substances, aspartames affects may very from each individual. It is a personal preference and one may choose to do as they desire. I'm not judging, rather clarifying, and hopefully giving someone helpful information they were previously unaware of.
    I sincerely ask those of you who would be so inclined, to pray for this blog and all it's contributors. We endeavor to enrich the lives of our readers and glorify our Heavenly Father. May our efforts and those who read this blog be blessed. Thank you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment