God Moments

All my life I have been taught that we are spiritual beings, yet I find it interesting how easily that is forgotten in the hubbub of everyday living.  We get so caught up in our schedules and to-do lists, and if we aren't paying attention, we could potentially miss a "God moment."  I read once (and I wish I could remember where I read it) that the Jewish people lived as though absolutely everything they did was an act of worship, whether it was preparing a meal, or performing a job duty, or even just dressing for the day or walking down the street.  If this is so, I can see how it would make you more constantly aware of God's presence and His moving in your life.


This evening after work, I ran up to the Verizon store to see if I could speak to the lady who first set up my cell account.  The trip was a bit out of my way, but I dislike the way the staff at the closer store speak to me, and I like dealing with this particular person.  The first time I met her, I was comparison shopping for a new cell service company and preparing to go on a cruise with my parents, my sister, her husband and their best friend.  Being the extrovert that I am, we ended up discussing everything from the pain of divorce to trusting God to whether or not we were seeking a relationship (she was, I was not) to how awesome cruises were, all as we set up my new account.  I spoke with her again when I returned from the cruise with a love that God had brought to my doorstep when I wasn't seeking it out, and she cried when I shared what God had done for me and could also do for her.  Then tonight as I caught her up on the latest in our love story and about the band, she told me that she had just been baptized a couple of weeks ago and we started talking about the Lord, and about how we are longing for relationship with Him and with someone who will walk that journey with us.  My spontaneous Verizon run turned into a God moment.  I saw the longing on her face when she asked me about my marriage and as I shared with her how much God desires to be in relationship with us, with her.  I encouraged her to keep seeking Him, to keep drawing nearer to Him.  I shared with her that He loves her passionately and that He knows the desires of her heart.  You just never know when an ordinary trip might turn into something more... 


0 comments:

Post a Comment