Faith

    There are times when life throws you zooey, painful, irritating, or devastating curveballs. I've talked about my son's Autism, but one that has come on the middle of everything for me is insomnia. For those of you who have suffered, it is truly painful. I find myself tortured and awake from 2 am on at night. Then, during the day I'm a tired that transcends fatigued into a realm where I hear color. It is a frenzy of thoughts, hurt, need, and distraction.
    Every night I pray for sleep. The fact that it hasn't come for three months is confounding. I could not think clearly. Was God mad at me, wanting something from me, asking me to pray more or was i just suffering from the bipolar my doctor thought had eased. Any could be true. In my state, I wondered, "Do I take meds for this? Would that show lack of faith?"
     No. Of course not.
     Last night I took a natural remedy to mixed success, but we as Christians sometimes get caught up in missing helps that we need wondering what God wants.  We put our struggles on a continuum of needing help from this world or needing to be tough and stick it out. (Usually driving everyone in our lives nuts.) My take away is get help. Stop sufferring needlessly. Maybe that intervention is just what God wants you to do.

0 comments:

Post a Comment