God made a way!

Last month was a very, very hard month for me for a wide variety of reasons. My husband started cancelling his job interviews without any idea as to what he might like to do instead of teaching at a university. The chair of one of the searches met with Paul and talked him into rescheduling the interview. We were amazed that he was given two chances to interview for the position. Paul was the last person they interviewed, and his interview took place on April 14. He had been told he would hear something within 7-10 days; after that much time had passed, we assumed that they had offered the job to one of the other candidates. Paul had declined the interviews at two other schools, so we thought he'd have to find some other random job that had nothing to do with his degree in chemistry. We were pleasantly shocked when he received a job offer on May 1st from that university where he interviewed on April 14. He got his master's degree at that school, and it is only 15 minutes from our house. We are so thankful that my husband has a job for another year, I get to stay home with my kids for at least one more year, and we get to stay in our current house for another year. When my husband told me the good news, the first thing that came to my mind was the song "God will make a way." The lyrics say "God will make a way when there seems to be no way. He works in ways we cannot see. He will make a way for me. He will be my guide, hold me closely to his side. With love and strength for each new day, He will make a way." Thank you, Lord, for making a way where there seemed to be no way!

0 comments:

Post a Comment