Inspiration






Last weekend my husband and I went to a dance concert that was choreographed and produced by a beautiful young woman with a heart for missions.  The concert was beautifully done, and reminded me of how much I enjoyed expressing myself through dance.  There were a couple of dances that stood out and really inspired me.  The first was Revelation Song, where she danced a duet with her niece, which made me think of all the duets I have done in the past with my best friend.  The second was a solo piece to Here's My Heart, by David Crowder.  It was at once contemplative, intimate and worshipful.  It inspired me to begin working on my flexibility and start dancing more often.  

There was a season in my life in which I spent a lot of time taking dance classes, choreographing and helping to organize the dance portions of large local worship events, but life and work seem to have somehow taken up all the time that I used to devote to dance.  Now, with my husband's band starting to take off, it seems as though I may be coming into another season where the arts, and dance in particular, are prominent again.  Songs are beginning to catch my attention for potential choreography, including some of the band's songs.  One of those songs already has choreography, and another is in the works.  Again, I am eagerly anticipating seeing what God is going to do with all this.



0 comments:

Post a Comment