Divine Protection

    I live in a neighborhood where most of the gentlemen are retired and active. Everyone keeps their lawn looking like a golf course. My husband has had multiple injuries. Therefore he is not physically capable of mowing the lawn, with our difficult to use, over twenty year old tractor. I mow the lawn, but I also work, unlike my neighbors. I don't want our lawn to be out of place, and I love looking out over our neighborhood to see how well manicured it is by all.
    I was unable to mow this last proper time, because it rained and stormed for two days. Finally on my day off it only lightly rained, so I waited several hours, then mowed the lawn. We have a part of the lawn that is precarious to get to. I have to straddle the seat and lean to one side so as to not go into a stream about 5 or less feet below the drop off, in order to get to the flat part toward the bottom.
    Since things were not as dry as I had thought, on my fourth trip down I had problems. I had put the tractor into the lowest gear but the wheels seemed to go very fast. I tried to slow it down by going up the embankment slightly. I went way up the embankment instead. The tractor was going too fast and flipped over throwing me off and landed on top of my tail bone. There I was under the tractor with legs hanging over the edge and the tractor on top of me. Both about to drop down about 5 feet. I yelled but no one heard. I was able to move the tractor over so neither would go over the edge and proceeded to try to pull the tractor back, while in great pain. Paul came out, saw what was going on and asked, "Are you hurt"? Then he looked at me as said "Oh my goodness honey"! Together we got the tractor up right and to the bottom flat part. However, I had flip flops on, and during the process I ripped off the top layer and all the polish from two of my toenails and banged my knee up because it was so slick. I was bruised and in pain but able to move.  
    As I cleaned up, I thought of all of the possible horrible things that could have happened. I could have been sliced but the blades automatically shut off when I left the seat. I could have fallen five feet and the tractor on top of me, on and on I went. Thankfully, none of that happened. I was in one piece and so was the tractor. Both a bit banged up but I will heal and it was fixable. God gave me divine protection through it all and is healing me now. I am so very grateful that my Father loves me and always hears me when I call. He always gives His angels charge over me and keeps me safe. Bless His name!

0 comments:

Post a Comment