Blue

I've been looking at my calendar all day long and it wasn't until I checked it one last time that I realized I'm responsible for posting today. My processing time is just that slow at the moment. I'm preoccupied with working on understanding that I'm moving from the most settled happiness I've ever known. Spring Lake is a private village, a classy club, and we belonged. From the first time I saw the library until I recently led a fundraiser at St. Mary's, I felt at home.
Ann Arbor has a lot to recommend itself, not the least if which is the U of M, but it will never have the many people who have become so dear to us. Homeschool moms and kids, Catholics, writers, each has played a part in reminding me what belonging to a community looks like.
I know God has a good purpose in moving us on, but all the goodness of loving and being loved means that mourning is in order. I just hope morning isn't far away.

0 comments:

Post a Comment