Stories


Stories have always been my delight.  I'm knacky with them, quick to see where each element is leading.  It's only gotten worse as I've been creating my own stories.  Now when I read or watch a story unfold there is too much for me to analyze and nothing seems to get past my brain to my heart.
Everyone has stories they love but can't bear.  For me, Unstrung Heroes is one of them.  I fell in love with it the afternoon we watched on the big screen, and I sobbed through it twice on VHS.  Then I forgot about it, mostly on purpose.  
It was a slow Sunday, yesterday, so when the last third of Unstrung Heroes came up on the tv guide I only remembered loving it not the reason why.  My family found me sobbing on the couch thirty minutes later.  It's the way she says goodbye to her children and husband and leaves the room to die without disturbing their peace.  You can't watch that film without having to face how pointless our vows are, because so much of our life is out of our hands.  No one has the strength to direct life, except of course, for the ultimate author.
We feel safer in some way when we put our selves in the hands of an author.  One human to another, he/she will know what we can take and what we can't.  We can learn without the terror of life.  In life you can't shut a book or a door and be home to the familiar and happy in life.  In life all you can do is hang on.
"All things work together for good for them that love God and are called according to his purpose."  There are times when I forget that life's author views us from the safety of eternity.  Scenes of horror and torture are only twists to move the plot along.  Looking at the details of my story and the stories of the people around me I only see what I know, and I don't know much.  I only know the author and that he loves me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment