On Being Real



"In this house we do second chances
We do Grace  We do Real
We do mistakes
We do I'm sorrys
We do Hugs  We do Family
We do Love"


This wall hanging was given to us this week by some very dear friends who told my husband that he had immediately come to mind when they saw it.  As I have been getting to know him more fully in our nearly two years of marriage, I know exactly why our friends connected this quote to him.  Philip is one of the most "real" people that I have ever known.  From the very beginning of our acquaintance, there has never been any pretense, no facades, no masks.  What you see is what you get with Philip.  He is not perfect, but neither am I, and neither is anyone else.  What he is, is open and honest about his imperfections, and about the revelation of grace that he has come to know and walk in.  He has helped me learn to be more open and honest, with myself first of all, then with others (including God!).  I have become more aware of areas in which I have judged others, and have not extended the very same grace that I have received to those who need it most.  In coming to know my husband, I have begun to know my own heart more intimately, and become more sensitive to the heartbeat of God for those who are hurting and who are searching for something real.  I look at people differently these days.  The ones who seem to be running headlong toward destruction are the ones that I want to pursue relentlessly so that they can know the relentless, passionate love of God for them, and know that they are beautiful to Him.  



0 comments:

Post a Comment