Change?

I have seen them and so have you. You may even be one. One of those
people who will not change at any cost. A person who has the same
hair style & clothes style since, well forever. They, will not learn
technology and fight with everythingin them, claiming all new things
are evil and the old ways are better.


Oh really? Yeah, why don't we go back to before cell phones, ya know,
when if someone went on a trip and ran off the road, they could be there
for days before anyone found them, maimed or even dead. Before the
GPS systems that helped me go to a grocery store while in a completely
unfamiliar place. A task I would never have previously undertaken.

How about before Google? Go buy a set of encyclopedias, rather costly,
find a place to store them and update them constantly with new information.
Then any time you want to know something, look through all the pages
to find an answer to a question, but you must be very precise & spend lots
of time to get what you need. Instead of typing a vague topic into a 
computer to find it popped up on the screen with facts in moments.

So what about our lives? Are we changing? Was the old self better then 
what we are being transformed into by the renewing of our mind and the 
washing of the word? I don't know about you, but God is changing me 
moment by moment and it's not easy. I have to learn all the time, read His 
word often and listen to hear His voice. I have to stop my busy life and ask 
Him questions, then pay attention to every way He is communicating with 
me. A still small voice, an booming audible one, a bible verse, a friend with 
a word He gave them for me, a stranger with a provoking thought at just 
the rite time. God wants more from me now, then what I was when He 
made me His child. He is changing me and making me reach to new 
heights and it's not comfortable. It is way better, then the old me though.
"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of 
many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces 
perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature 
and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:2-4 (NIV)

0 comments:

Post a Comment