Jesus' Hand

Today is my daughter's birthday.  She is the third in our family, and when she was born so was an alliance between her older siblings.  They left her out of almost everything, and it took awhile to teach them better.  In the meantime, I would grab Zuzu and she would be my buddy, helping me with my work and earning special privileges.  The blessing of it is that my Zuzu is now an includer with an open mind about choosing friends.  It's one of the things I admire most about her.

Sometimes the best friends come from places you've discounted long ago.  Many people these days seem to have written off entire groups of people as unfit for friendship.  They stand not simply aloof, but determined against and unwilling to take off the blinders and see the positives.  The world would be better if we all looked at each other with the eyes of an advocate and the open hand of a friend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment