Making Plans

A song in the works....

"I had it all planned out inside my head
How I wanted my perfect life to be
A perfect house, perfect yard, perfect kids
A man who would be crazy over me"

"But the roof leaks
And the floor creaks
The kids fight all the time
The yard's a mess
I'm feeling stressed
Not what I had in mind
This is not my perfect life"

Although things don't always turn out the way that we imagine them or plan them out in our mind, God definitely has a plan and a purpose for our life. The Bible says that we can make our plans, but it is God who directs and determines our steps. So just because we do not appear to have it all together by the world's standards does not mean that we are not in the exact place where God would have us....surrounded by the people that He has hand-picked to be a part of this amazing journey called life.

As the song progresses it speaks of the moment of realization that what we may see as a disaster is really God's perfect plan unfolding all around us.

"Breathe in, breathe out
 This is not how I thought
 It'd all turn out
 But I realize
 My perfect life's unfolding
 Right before my eyes"........

Proverbs 16:9  "The mind of man plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps." (NAS)

0 comments:

Post a Comment