Just Add Baby

Getting my attention is easy, grab a baby.  The Little Couple never interested me.  They seemed like normal people who are short.  Recently they adopted a baby, and now they have my interest.  Ok, Will has my interest.  He's so cute.  Watching this family explode into existence is fascinating, and my heart is strained trying to take it in.  Babies are always a good thing.

Small things aren't always so great.  "Don't sweat the small stuff," is the old saying, but sometimes the small stuff grows.  You think you've got it under control, and it grows another arm.  At the moment friends are battling slow monsters that everyday you expect to conquer and everyday you find a new level of pain, a new mark for the growth chart.  
The worst thing during those moments is that I  can't stop it or fix it.  Most of the time, I can only sit there with them it seems.  It's easy to sit by the phone waiting to hear about a baby's birth.  It's terrible to wait for news of a death, a surgery, a bankruptcy, a loss.  Love comes with both experiences guaranteed.  Love creates lots of small stuff.

0 comments:

Post a Comment