In Awe, of a Divine Appointment

About 8 years ago my family and I were planning to move to sunny Florida from West Virginia. My husband was retiring from the coal mines after 30 years. At that time, I was a stay at home mom but had a degree. Paul asked me, "if you need to get a job in FL, what would you like to do"? I thought and said, "I would like to work in an office, perhaps for a doctor". I  received a position as, help around the office from our chiropractor & friend across the state line in PA, about 25 minutes away. I then quickly went to the front desk position. I had received the training needed for my resume as desired, and another person was hired.

     Several months later I was called back, to work the front desk again. Then some months later, I was given the office managers position. I trained the next person to take over my position as the time came to move to Florida. Then 4 years later the doors in Florida closed, and we moved back to West Virginia, as Paul's mom had given us her home. She had moved into Paul's sister's home, because she needed constant care. Three months later Paul's mother died, on Paul's birthday. We were grateful to God, for the time we were given to spend with her before her passing.
     Later, during Vacation Bible School here in WV, the pastor told us to write on a piece of paper names of those we would like to see come to Christ. God brought to mind my former chiropractor employer and his wife. The very next week, I was called by that employers office. They asked if I could fill in, while the front desk person Mary, had hip surgery. I graciously accepted as a temporary position. Mary came back to work and I was home again. I knew I was suppose to be there because I had the opportunity to witness the entire time.
     Less then a year later, I was called again, this time to see if I would like the office manager position. We prayed and I accepted on a temporary basis. This quickly turned into my current, permanent position. I only work 2 days a week and may bill from home an other day.  
     At one point, I felt God tugging at my heart, so I took out that piece of paper from VBS, that I kept. I showed it to my boss. I told him of VBS and that God had put me there for a reason. He was in awe and agreed it was a divine appointment. I am still praying for he and his wife, God isn't done yet.
    

0 comments:

Post a Comment