Limited



Image from:http://au.reachout.com/~/media/Images/Articles%201/man_whispering_into_another_mans_ear.ashx?mw=280
Limited
To the heavy world whispering
Ugly words on my shoulder:
I cannot be what you want
I can only be me
So…Limited
There are no guarantees
Health disappears in an instant
My fingers cannot keep it from slipping away
Pain rules many days, familiar Tyrant
Making the most of Good days
Still leaves me Lacking
I cannot Plan, nor Count On myself
I am not an Income Machine
So you make me feel Useless
I have given my life Freely
For mine was also a gift
My children are thankful, maybe others,
But you turn up your nose and say,
“Foolish. Stupid. Lazy. Poor. All your fault.”
Dare I turn and reply, “Selfish!” to what you wanted,
Me to live only for me, to earn your “Respect?”
I chose the path to which I was Called
I followed the Will of the Unlimited
Shut your mouth and get out of my mind!
Every time there is a problem,
Do not spew your nonsense and make me
Rue my very Life!  I am not perfect,
But I still belong to the Unlimited
And will listen to His call
As I stumble and reach for His Vision
I will do what He makes Possible
For He will take me Past my Obstacles
Limited only by His Will for me
And there is nothing you can do to stop Him

0 comments:

Post a Comment