The Process of Asking, Seeking & Finding

Our daughter Sarah, had begun to exhibit neurological problems around the age of 18 months. When she was 3 we had begun the quest to find what the problem was, through Children's hospital. She hardly spoke by age 4. We took her to speech therapy. This did little to help. Then we moved from West Virginia to Florida. Sarah's whole world changed. We had no clue this move would be so difficult for her. You see, Autistic children do not like or function well with change. However, we were unaware that she had Autism.
     Sarah would inexplicably dart out the door as I was putting things away in our new home. I would have to drop what I was doing to go after her. I had ADHD also, therefore, dropping what I was doing abruptly, made me befuddled as to where I was before I left when I came back, and this messed up my entire day. This happened often during each day. I finally found covers to put on the door knobs, so that Sarah could not escape. She then began having more fits. These were, screaming, kicking hitting, throw yourself down on the ground, uncontrollable, putting bruises on me fits. When finished, she would snap out of it and have no clue what happened or why I was crying. Add to that, the fact that she could barely communicate, simply compounded her confusion. 
      No one would watch her, therefore I was not able to procure a job. I called my mom crying, saying, "I am going nuts mom, what do I do, I never get a break, I don't know what is wrong and I can't fix her"! She told me to go to the doctor my friend had told me of. I said, "I don't have the money". She said, "God will provide". I made the appointment and God provided. Sarah began to get better. This was a holistic doctor with 3 degrees; chiropractic, medical and physiology. God provided and Sarah continued to get better. This doctor would not diagnose Sarah because he believed every symptom would depart, if given the proper environment to heal. This gave me hope for the first time, and a strong desire to find what would help Sarah. Over the next years I researched, took Sarah to various health care professionals, picked everybody's brain I could, to find what would heal my daughter. 
     Today, most people would never know she had any neurological problems. Do the neurological problems surface at times, yes. Usually when her diet changes, she hasn't taken her supplements, or when her hormones are raging, but most females have issues then. Thankfully, I am able to recognize what is going on now, and then take steps to help her go back to being healthy again.
     God in His infinite wisdom chose to teach our family many things through this entire experience. I also found out, that others have learned from our experience. Therefore, I am exceedingly glad that God chose to give us resources, and mature us in this fashion.
“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. Matthew 7:7-8

0 comments:

Post a Comment