In The Right Place At The Right Time

This morning at church several people shared praises about how they found themselves strategically placed this week, either to have a need met or to meet the need of someone else.  Yesterday I was reading a daily Scripture meditation from Genesis 24 in which Abraham's servant was sent out to find a bride for Isaac.  He prayed and asked the Lord to give him success and to show kindness to Abraham.  After praying that prayer, the servant met Rebekah, who became Isaac's bride.


The word "success" in this verse is the Hebrew word qarah, which means positioning for right happenings.  Now, I wasn't out looking for anything as important as a bride yesterday, but my husband and I were planning to go out foraging for large boxes so that we could continue packing for our rapidly approaching move.  As I was washing up some dishes, I saw our landlord pull up to his house, and I dashed out to ask him about something.  As we were chatting, he asked how things were going and I mentioned that we were preparing to go in search of boxes.  He said, "Well, I have a whole bunch of brand new boxes in my garage down the road.  You can have them!"  Philip went to pick up the boxes, and I stood in the kitchen and thanked the Lord for giving me qarah in placing me in the right place at the right time that morning.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment