Needy.

     It is my youngest daughter's third birthday today.  I find that I am so pleased and proud to be her mother.  She is amazing.  However, when birthdays, well any gift giving situation comes up, I consider again what is ...needed.   My daughters between them have ELEVEN, (11), LaLaLoopsy dolls.

AND THEY WANT MORE

     There is a word that has been stretched beyond the limits of my understanding.  This word implies a basic human survival necessity.  The word implies that if we didn't have the item in question, we would die.  This word is NEED.  Several uses have my mind spinning.  

"I need a new purse mine is out of style."
"I need new luggage mine is bulky and large."
"I need some new jewelry."
"I need an espresso from an expensive coffee chain."
"I need to buy designer clothes to match my husband's career."

     I'm not saying I haven't said these things, I'm just saying I'm starting to hear myself now.  I'm starting to listen to myself.  I sound entitled.  I sound like my daughters and their quest to have as many LaLaLoopsy's as appear on the TV show.  I sound....spoiled.

     The Lord has been convicting me to let go of the this world.  He's been asking me to think about others more and my petty wants less.  New and nice things are not wrong to want or to have.  But we must have the right attitude.  I NEED to start seeing thing with right eyes.  "It would be nice, but not necessary, to have...."  and "I want but do not need a....." should start to dominate my speech.  

    My goal is to start thinking much more about the basic human needs of those that do not have them met MUCH MORE, and my own wants MUCH LESS.  This is what I NEED to do.

0 comments:

Post a Comment