The One He Loves

Recently I heard a message about the note that Mary and Martha sent to Jesus (as recorded in John 11) to let Him know that Lazarus was very sick. Their note read, "Lord, the one you love is sick." The pastor pointed out that John also referred to himself five times in his gospel as "the one Jesus loved." Most of us would feel very awkward about referring to ourselves in that manner. We believe that God loves us, but we think of it more in terms of God loves the whole world, which includes me. I wouldn't feel awkward if someone referred to me as "the one that Paul (my husband) loves." In reality, the God of the universe loves me even more than my husband does. I truly am "the one that Jesus loves." How might it change the way I lived my life, if I really let that truth seep to my deepest core?

0 comments:

Post a Comment