Puberty Day

Today is my last puberty day.  There will be two more in our family, but they will be Kurt's responsibility.  We've laid out our plans--Your Plate or Mine, Barnes and Noble, and Bob Evans.  Somewhere in there I'll give my now venerable talk about the birds and the bees, purity, and why every purse has a secret pocket.  Iris will politely pretend she doesn't know any of this stuff even though older sisters have already filled her in.  Mostly we'll just enjoy being women together.

I wish God would take me out for a puberty day.  I think it might be like going on retreat.  I'd like the time to focus on us stuff, but mostly I'd revel in the explanatory lecture part of the day.  Why am I so bad at suffering, and why is it such an obligatory part of life?  Why do I forget the good bits so quickly?   Mostly I just want to sit there happily doing nothing of any particular consequence, together.

0 comments:

Post a Comment