Beauty, is it all that?

Recently, I watched a bit of the show "Toddlers & Tiaras." 

I was horrified at what was coming forth from the mouths
of these babes. They were talking about being sexy & the importance of physical beauty is. I am not trying to be unkind, but why is such inordinate effort put into winning a prize? These girls work long and hard to achieve their goals. 
That in itself is admirable. However, we must bear in mind that these are
-1 to 6 year old girls, small children.
Are we teaching our young ladies that physical beauty is
the ultimate goal in life?

Am I also to blame for vanity?
Yes, I must confess to being vain. I don't make beauty the main goal of my life,
 but I do give it more importance than it deserves.
I have had the veins in my legs injected to remove their appearance. I have paid for fake sun because the real sun wasn't out. I have colored my hair for years, and I polish my toes with chemicals that if put too close to a flame 
may ignite instantaneously, it says this right on the bottle. Are any of
these things evil? Not necessarily. Do they show forth a Godly character,
 as He desires? Not so much.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to be a stinky, ratty haired, person with personal care issues. 
A wise woman once said,
"I am a child of the king, so I might as well look like a princess". However, are we making beauty an idol? 
Is beauty more important then God & family time?
Once I asked God "What would You like to see me in"?
He said to me, "Wear a hat". Whenever I wear a hat, I receive so
many compliments. Perhaps it's because God knows what
best suits His creation. Go figure. What does He desire for you,
that you look best in?
May the glory of God show forth from our lives, that His beauty radiate
as the sun, and through this, we will draw others to Him.


0 comments:

Post a Comment