Honor

I saw a Facebook post today from a friend who announced that it is her husband's birthday.  The thing that caught my attention, though, was how she followed that by announcing how he has blessed and enriched her life.  I could feel the love, joy and gratitude that she has for him.  It just seemed to bubble up out of her soul!  It made my heart happy to read it, because there is so much negativity toward love and marriage these days, and there seems to be a special niche for husband bashing.  The media seems especially harsh (in my humble opinion), as most sitcoms portray the husband, at best, a bumbling fool who has to be reigned in by his oh-so-wise and sarcastic wife.  Commercials do the same thing, and I'm sorry to say that I frequently hear women that I know complain or even ridicule their husbands in the presence of others, and sometimes even right in front of their husbands.

So I find it refreshing and life-giving when I see and hear someone speak highly of her husband.  I gravitate toward those women, and learn from them.  I have found and joined groups such as "The Happy Wives' Club", "Unveiled Wife", and "Time Warp Wife" on Facebook, because they all encourage us to love, honor, respect and inspire our husbands.  I have found that, in doing so myself, I receive just as much, if not more of everything that I give to my husband.  Now, I am in no way perfect, and I am well aware that marriage is not always sunshine and roses, but I know that there is potential for a far better relationship when I treat my husband with honor and respect.  And it inspires me when I hear a wife praise her husband, and talk about how much life he pours into her.  It is a beautiful thing, a rare thing these days, it seems.  I want to be one of those wives!

0 comments:

Post a Comment