Casting My Cares


And which of you by being overly anxious and troubled with cares can add a cubit to his stature or a moment [unit] of time to his age [the length of his life]?  Luke 12:25 AMP

I have often heard my grandfather described as a "worrywart." He worried about everything.  I remember reassuring him that I would be fine traveling across the mountains to return home after dark, but I knew that he would ask my mother if I got home ok.  It didn't matter to him that I was a grown woman who had been driving the mountains for years and years; he still worried every time until he knew that I was safely home.

This past week I called my mother to catch up with her and Dad and the latest family news, and she stated that even though she knew she couldn't fix the problems, she couldn't seem to stop worrying about the dear ones involved.  It didn't help her to hear that she can't live life and make choices for them.  I could only encourage her to keep giving the burden back to her Daddy, no matter how many times she had to do it.   

Philip reminded me of the story of a World War 2 veteran who survived the horrors of the Normandy Beach invasion on D-Day.  When asked how his experiences have changed his life, he simply stated, "I don't sweat the small stuff anymore."  Oh, that we could all learn to look at our problems from that perspective!  

I have been beginning to haltingly stumble my way on this path of trust as I have been reaching out to the young people in my life.  Although I can see clearly where the paths that they are currently on and the choices that they are continuing to make will lead them, I have to hand the care of it over to God daily, and remind myself that He is well able to keep them, to deliver them and to work all things for good.  It is not easy, and as I said, I struggle with it daily, but in the end, I know that He is faithful, and that He loves them more than I ever could.  And so I hand them to Him once again.


Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid; ‘For Yah, the Lord, is my strength and song; He also has become my salvation.’  Isaiah 12:2

0 comments:

Post a Comment