Gone Astray?

The other night, I heard Paul call out, "here boy, here Scooby"!

Then a bit later, a second & third time. We had pulled out the suitcases.
Our dog Scooby knows we are leaving on a trip.
When he sees the luggage, he bolts out the door, the first chance he gets.
My very perceptive mom picked up on this before I did, & said,
"He doesn't want you to go, & he thinks he'll be left behind".
That's a good way to ensure those results, Scooby.
The last time, he left the day we were going on our trip, hours before.
I got home from work, prayed, then drove straight to where he was.
It was a God GPS system I had goin on. 
So, I decided to try the same place again.
Sure enough, he was there. This place is across a busy
45 MPH speed limit road. He's so small, and I don't want to get hurt.

It makes me think of how God must feel about us at times.
I picture myself hearing my name, then running into His arms,
after I have gone astray. He hugs, then disciplines me,
but I know He always loves me. The Bible tells us,
"God chastens those He loves". That's what I do with Scooby too.
I'm so glad God loves me enough to chase me down, hugs me
& smacks me when I deserve it.
Thank you Papa God, for loving me
& giving me a GPS for our beloved Scooby-Doo, big hugs!

0 comments:

Post a Comment