Hometown

Often when we travel I like to think about what life would be like to live in that place.  Mackinac Island, the mountains of Kentucky, a small little cottage, or a glitzy town in Chicago.  I think of all the places we would go as a family on a regular basis.  The historical places and the swimming holes, grocery stores and farmers markets.  And then there is my favorite part of our vacations, my husband and I purpose to read and take in all that God has given.  Sometimes we are on a lovely porch looking out over a quiet lake reading the bible.  Other times we are on a deck deep in the mountains with the trees enjoying a message from The Lord through one of our favorite authors.  So I thought this morning, as I purposed to place myself next to my husband on our lovely covered front porch.  Sipping our coffee and taking in the sounds of birds chirping and children playing, reading and writing and seeking His face.  This small and quaint town, the very one I was raised in.  The very same little town my ancestors were brought up in, seeking His face, some of them.  Where shall we go on a regular basis?  What historical marks and swimming holes are we not fully embracing?  Farmers Markets galore, people to greet as we go.  We do love this town, this country life of ours.  So, a little dreaming I will do and think of what it would be like to travel here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment