A Trip....To Maturity

My only daughter, Sarah is going to be 12
this month. Wow!

My husband Paul, had decided that this year,
we would take a family vacation to Disney
World, in FL. As the time to go nears, he has
been tight with our finances. Then his workers
compensation check was late. Because of the mix
up with his check, it turns out that we will have an
extra week of pay to go on now. A total God thing.

Last week Paul asked, are you excited to go on
our first vacation in years? I said, I honestly can't
wait till it's over and we can get on with our lives.
His heart sank. I didn't have the view God gave him,
or the maturity, that he does. His view was, our
daughter is going to be 12 soon. We will only have
a few years after this, that she will be at home with us.
We need to take this opportunity to make memories
while we can.
      If you blink, you'll miss her. This full understanding,
is being revealed to me by God. It came while Sarah &
I shopped for clothes, for said trip. We wear the same size
in almost everything now. She is growing up fast.

O.K. God & Paul, I get it now! I have determined
that this will be the best trip ever & I will enjoy it.
Proverbs 13:13 Whoever scorns instruction will pay
for it, but whoever respects a command is rewarded.

0 comments:

Post a Comment