to me.

     Yes folks, it is 3 days after Christmas.  The  tree is dry, ornaments are falling off.  The kids are ready to go back to school on Monday, but there's New Year's in three days.  Not until next week kids.  People are still meandering around their houses in jammies and trying to get "Jingle Bells" out of their head.  Leftover meat is eaten one last day then frozen for soup and casseroles.  The once bustling malls are empty and starting to restock very depleted shelves.  All the fought over primo gifts are gone and in the hands of people that have no idea what levels their loved one sunk to to get them that.    Everyone is tired, everyone has gained three pounds in 2 days.  The party is over and the revelers are pooped.

     Today is my birthday.

  I used to be a touch bitter about pairs of things for Christmas and birthday.  About, "Well, Karen, it's such a big gift you got for Christmas it counts for today too."  And about, "um, guys, it's my birthday today."  Now, I truly can laugh about it.  God grew me up.  I truly am gateful to be here.   My birth was really rough.  I almost died.  God breathed for me and gave me life.  He has stood by me and loved me every day of my life.  He always remembers.  That is nothing short of a miracle.  I also married a man who never forgets.  So I await his waking, my gift to be given to me, and our date to be had.  My mom will bake chocolate cake with chocolate icing and I'm alive and doing fine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment