Dark & Creepy Places!

     I have an attic that is dark & creepy. It usually has a bunch of bugs flying around and dead ones to clean up. It has a half turn stair case, that is not exactly wide and easy to move up & down in. Also, at the top of said, small windy dark staircase, is a large beam, right as you try to stand up at the top. The attic is short in height. So unless you are a three foot tall person, it's very likely to hit ones head.
     I was cleaning out one of our extra rooms, I simply had not taken the time to organize & clean since our move last year. I put some of the items into the attic. Our Christmas decorations were up there. Therefore, after taking storage things up, I would bring Christmas items down. So there I was hunched over with little light to see, while carrying heavy containers full of breakable things, and I misjudged the distance from my head to the beam. I hit my head three times on that beam. The last time I almost knocked myself out, because I was so eager to get out of the attic.
     Sometimes we do the same thing with God. We are put into a place, with a person or set of circumstances, we don't like. We do what it is God has for us to do, then run out as soon as we can, banging our head as we go. We don't take the time to crouch down just a bit more, then look down, to realize God has placed in our hands as a blessing. Therefore, we are in pain, instead of sweet release & joyful fulfillment having accomplished our task, while receiving a blessing, as we leave.
     Life in Christ may have dark, creepy things in it, and laborious tasks to fulfill. In these times it helps to keep in mind, Philippians 4:13, I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me. Compared to the world and it's troubles, fulfilling God's tasks are way better, because as Jesus explains, "For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:30. Don't miss the point of the bothersome things required by God, you may also miss your blessing and make your head hurt too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment