Love.

   Late last night Nicole posted about an outpouring of love that had happened in her life.  The words touched me so much they made me cry.  This is what love looks like.  This is what it is.  I'm in multiple Bible studies.  Whenever two or sources of truth say the same things, I sit up and take notice.  This week the theme of my a fore mentioned Advent Bible study, is loveLove that God had for us.  Love we are to have for each other.

     When I opened my Bible this morning the verse was Mark 12:30.  Jesus is asked the Greatest commandment.  He responds, "Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God,  the Lord is one.  Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your mind, with all your soul, and with all your strength. The second is Love your neighbor as yourself.  There is no other commandment greater than these."

     My first response is to say that I can't love like that.  It is like God to command us to do something that only He can do in our hearts.  He must be the one to teach us how to love as he does.  If anything, this week has shown me my love is incomplete, easily misunderstood, and not enough to fix things.  But God's love.  Now.  THAT is perfection.

     I know that I'm called to try.  I'm called to do my best.  I'm called to give God what I have and let him take on the rest.  He will complete, clarify, and fix anything that does not compute.  I need him to do this work in my heart and in my life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment